Last Updated/Effective Date: June 1st, 2003
Hallmark Homecare, LLC. (“Hallmark,” “us,” “our,” or “we”) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This Privacy Notice describes the types of Personal Information Hallmark may collect: (a) when you visit, access, or use our website (the “Site”); or (b) as a part of our referral services (collectively, “Services”). It also describes Hallmark’s practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing your Personal Information.
Please note that we may modify this Privacy Notice at any time. All changes will be effective immediately upon posting on the Site. Material changes will be conspicuously posted or otherwise communicated to you in accordance with applicable law.
- Personal Information We Collect
We may collect a range of Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that uniquely identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to you.
Depending on whether you are a potential care recipient or caregiver, we may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, demographic information, and phone number.
- Information about others, such as when you are completing our webform on behalf of another person. In these circumstances, we may collect the other person’s name, your relationship with him/her, and other details related to the care they need.
- Location data – While navigating our Site your mobile device or browser may share your location data, both through WiFi and GPS. We will collect this information based on the settings of your phone and browser.
- Usage information – When you use our Site, our servers may automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (IP Address), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Site), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Site, and other such information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, device and browser information, and information about your interactions with and use of our Site.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as the information that would typically be in your resume such as your experience, years of experience, current employment status, education level/degree, credentials, set of skills/specialties, schools/universities attended, current/past employers, referral sources, recent job titles, languages spoken, legal residency, available work hours, desired wages, and criminal background information.
- Auto-related information, such as whether you have a car, your driver’s license number, and auto-insurance information.
- Inferences drawn from the information we collect about you to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences.
- Communications, such as the contents of your communications with us, whether via e-mail, chat functionality, social media, telephone or otherwise, and inferences we may make from other personal information we collect. Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect and maintain records of calls and chats with our agents, representatives, or employees via message, chat, post, or similar functionality.
- How We Collect Your Personal Information
- We May Collect Your Personal Information Directly From You – For example, if you request information from us, submit an application for care or to be a caregiver, send us a message or live chat with us through our Site, or register for our other Services.
- We May Also Collect Personal Information From Third Parties – For example, we may work with business partners, national database resources, subcontractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers, who may provide us with Personal Information. If you are a potential care recipient and another person has submitted a form on your behalf, we may have received information from the individual who you have authorized.
- Cookies and Other Technologies
We process the information collected through such technologies, which may include or be combined with Personal Information, to help operate certain features of the Site and Services, to enhance your experience through personalization, and to help us better understand the features of the Site and Services that you and other users are most interested in.
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available, or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
We do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals sent to us by your browser at this time. To learn more about how DNT works, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com/.
Cookies. We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display data more effectively, to collect statistical data, to personalize your experience while using the Site and Services, and to recognize your computer to assist your use of the Site and Services. We also gather statistical data about use of the Site and Services to continually improve design and functionality, understand how it is used and assist us with resolving questions.
Pixel Tags and Other Similar Technologies. We collect data from pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs), which are used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Site and Services, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Site and Services.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Hallmark) are called "first party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called "third party cookies". Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the Site (e.g. advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the Site in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We may use a variety of cookies:
|Type of Cookies||Description|
|Required||Required cookies are essential for the Site to function properly and for you to navigate our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site and using the Services.|
|Performance||These cookies collect information about how you use the Site, including which pages you go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not collect information that individually identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Site functions and performs.|
|Functionality||Functionality cookies allow the Site to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, language, or your region) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies also enable you to optimize your use of the Site after logging-in. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize.|
By way of example, as you visit the Site, advertising cookies may be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our advertising partners then enable us to present you with retargeted advertising on other websites based on your previous interaction with the Site.
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies and similar technologies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available, or some functionality may be limited or unavailable.
Blocking or rejecting cookies will not stop all of the tracking described in this Privacy Notice. These features and options are browser and device specific and are not uniform. You can usually find these settings in the options or preferences menu of your browser. To understand these settings, the following links for commonly used browsers may be helpful, or you can use the help option in your browser for more details:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari weband iOS.
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising you may visit the following websites:
On a mobile device, you may also be to adjust your settings to limit ad tracking.
- How We Use the Personal Information Collected
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use Personal Information to:
- operate the Site and Services and provide support to our business functions;
- run a background check and verify your credentials (if you are a caregiver);
- fulfill your requests;
- provide the Site and our Services, along with customer support;
- protect against criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- send you information about our company, products, services, and promotions;
- respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback provided to us;
- support and personalize the Site and Services and our advertising efforts;
- protect the security and integrity of the Site and Services;
- the extent required for benchmarking, data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Site, facilitating product, software and applications development, improving the Site or our Services, conducting research, analysis, studies or surveys, identifying usage trends, as well as for other analytics purposes;
- meet our contractual requirements;
- comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements and our policies;
- market, advertise, and provide the Site and our Services; and
- the extent necessary for any other lawful purpose for which the Personal Information is collected.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- To Potential Care Recipients/Caregivers – Given the nature of our matching services, your Personal Information may be disclosed in order to match you with the appropriate client or caregiver.
- To Business Partners – We may share Personal Information with our trusted business partners. For example, we may share your Personal Information with a company for marketing purposes, such as when we co-sponsor a product or service. These partners and affiliates may use your Personal Information to, among other things, send you information or contact you about their services and products. For the avoidance of doubt, if you are a caregiver, we do not disclose your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
- In the Case of a Merger or Sale – If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Personal Information may be transferred along with the business. Where legally required we will give you prior notice and if you have a legal right to do so, an opportunity to object to this transfer.
- To Service Providers – When we hire a service provider to help operate the Site, Services, or our business, we may give access to Personal Information as necessary to perform such services. This may include service providers that operate our Site and Services, run background checks, send our communications, manage our customer relations, or assist us in providing the Services.
- To Affiliates – We may share Personal Information with our affiliated companies, for example where we share services and for administrative purposes.
- How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information
We will retain each category of your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, unless required to do otherwise by applicable laws. Criteria we will use to determine how long we will retain your information include whether: we need your information to provide you with products or services you have requested; we continue to have a relationship with you; you have requested information, products, or services from us; we have a legal right or obligation to continue to retain your information; we have an obligation to a third party that involves your information; our retention or recordkeeping policies and obligations dictate that we retain your information; we have an interest in providing you with information about our products or services; and we have another business purpose for retaining your information.
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
We use our commercially reasonable efforts to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information we process. However, despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information.
- Your Choices and Controls
Depending on where you live, you may have the right to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information. If you believe you may the right to exercise certain controls and choices, please submit a request to email@example.com. Please note that we may need to verify your identity before considering a request and that we may deny certain requests, or only fulfill some in part, as permitted or required by law.
To opt out of marketing emails, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the email communication you receive from us. You may also use the “Contact Us” option within the relevant service to opt out and elect not to receive further emails from us. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain correspondence, we may still need to contact you with important transactional or administrative information, as permitted by law. Additionally, if you choose not to provide certain Personal Information, we may be unable to provide some or all of our Services to you.
- International Use of the Site
Our Site is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting our Site from outside of the United States, please note that by providing your Personal Information it is being transferred to, stored, collected, or processed in the United States, where our data center and servers are located and operated.
- Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children under the age of 18. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that information. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us their Personal Information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us using the information listed in Section 15.
- Links to Third-Party Websites
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from the Site, including the information or content contained within them. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing Personal Information to third parties, since any Personal Information disclosed will be subject to the applicable third party’s Privacy Notice.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
It is Hallmark’s policy to post any changes to the Privacy Notice on this page. The date the Privacy Notice was last updates is identified at the top of the page. We may provide you with an updated Privacy Notice if material changes are made, if required by law. Unless otherwise indicated, any changes to this Privacy Notice will apply immediately upon posting to this page or through another mechanism, if required by law. Please refer back to this Privacy Notice on a regular basis.
- Contact Us
For questions about this Privacy Notice and Hallmark’s privacy practices, contact us at the email or mailing address listed below. Please keep in mind we may request additional information from you to verify your identity.
Hallmark Homecare, LLC
774 Mays Blvd Ste 10-297, Incline Village, NV 89451